Friday, March 24, 2006

What's in my name?

While reading the other blogs I found this wonderful link that analyses your name. This is the result for my name.

"Big" is the word that best describes these people. They talk big, dream big, and unconsciously give others an impression of themselves that is often larger than life. Their heart is big but they must be sure their generosity is not motivated by an impulse to impress. Their extreme idealism, combined with their material and political interests, causes them to exaggerate their own importance. Their desire to serve life in some way is quite sincere. Their business and personal interests are always imbued with the thought of service. They are aware and interested in the events of the community, both politically and socially, and desire to be involved. As organizers they can be quite magnanimous. While they have a wealth complex and desire to be financially independent, the balance of the whole name determines their degree of success. This influence is not deep or intellectual.


Their idealism governs their thoughts more on the level of theory than practical reality. This is not to say that their business dealings are not practical. They have an astute and shrewd mind for making money, but even then they must be cautious of letting their idealism carry them into unsound propositions. If there is too much imbalance, their talk belies their intentions. They will attempt to give the impression of knowing far more than they actually do. They have a confidence and a bravado that isn't always followed through with action. As leaders they are good-natured and helpful. They love their family and friends, and are good providers. At times their generosity can exceed their pocketbook, while at other times they can be quite stingy with their money, accounting for every penny. They enjoy the good things of life and are not past putting on a little show regarding their wealth and possessions.


They have a charitable nature, but it does not come from the depths of profound compassion. They are materialists first, and their religious convictions and affiliations take second place. They prefer to give in a big way to organizations or charities than in a more person-to-person manner. For the most part these people are quite pleasant, helpful and good-hearted, but it is the combination of influences in these names that prevents a real depth of mind. Even in love they cannot plumb the depths of another's soul to arouse an appropriate response. They may desire to go deeply into a romance with the opposite sex, but mental or spiritual intimacy is difficult for them. In consequence their lack of romance is replaced by a need for sexual completion which expresses primarily through the physical body. These people have poise, confidence and a worldly outlook on life. Their main interests lie in the fields of business and politics. They are forever dreaming of a better way of life. They are mostly armchair politicians who firmly believe their political idealism could change the world. They love good food and drink, and indulgence could be a weakness.


Try out this link to find out how your name describes you!!!

http://www.just-think-it.com/sbnname.htm

16 comments:

Niedhie said...

Ok, just giving it a second thought...

This analysis is done by Mr. Clayne Conings. I really wonder how much idea he has about the Indian names??? Or is it that he knows Devnagiri so as to answer this?

Please enlighten me on this.

Shashi said...

I came across your blog when i was going through one of Rashmi's posts[Youth curry].I saw the analysis for my name.
I think its done on numerological basis.

Mine I felt is quite accurate.

Niedhie said...

Hey Shashi,

Thanks for writing in. Yeah I think you are correct, its numerology.

Mine too seems to be quite me.

Ashish Gupta said...

some site said so:

N Natural
I Irresistible
E Exquisite
D Dignified
H Handsome
I Intense
E Excellent

:D

Shashi said...

Nice expansion Ashish.

Niedhie said...

Whao!!! Thanks Ashish.

Ashish Gupta said...

Oops sorry. forgot to leave the link for that one. here it is.

Abhi said...

Hey Niedhie ( abbe spelling ki watt laga dee tune ! phew ! ).

When I read your post , I was like "come on man , this is another of those jyotshi kinda fraudie stuff , just that the badmash here is named clayne conings instead of pandit girdhari baba banaras wale , but hey ,look what it started about my name :

"As children these people are happy, energetic, playful and loving. They love to tease and have fun and never take life too seriously, and this character trait carries on throughout their lives."

Not too wrong , eh ?

Niedhie said...

@Ashish: You got so many links with you. I would rather like to name you as
Ashish 'Linkmaster' Gupta.
What say??

@Soul: Ha ha ha.. Kahin tumne Soul to nahi daal diya? :)) Well I can't agree anymore to the explanation of your name.

WithoutMe said...

Names?? Something that connotes WHAT you are!!!

Relations (as in a sis or a mother or a gf)? Something thats says abt WHO u r?

Do we ever relate to ppl on the basis on "what" they are, or do we instead, though not always consciously, refer to the "who s/he is to me"?

My pt: - can one talk objectively, or is ot always a subjective truth that one refers to?

Aint every bit of communication a bridge, a battle, a bond of the what with the who?

WithoutMe said...

Names?? Something that connotes WHAT you are!!!

Relations (as in a sis or a mother or a gf)? Something thats says abt WHO u r?

Do we ever relate to ppl on the basis on "what" they are, or do we instead, though not always consciously, refer to the "who s/he is to me"?

My pt: - can one talk objectively, or is ot always a subjective truth that one refers to?

Aint every bit of communication a bridge, a battle, a bond of the what with the who?

WithoutMe said...

Well, Niedhie,
Isnt the WHAT more about the "ideal" world, whereas the "WHO" is all abt the "real" world??

Judging what u had commented on yur name that u tend to idealistic, do u think more on the terms of: what exactly is it that this guy is trying to tell me, rather than who is this guy?

Dont u then fall in the trap of endless thoughts.... thus, so far u have a keen sense of Philosophy...lol!

Does a human being love another for what they are (more like the idealistic ppl) or who they are (the realists) ???

Tho' I hate to say, but all this rubbish writing of mine, seems to remind me of the thing-in-itself (aka the Noumenal world) of Kant:-( Aint that a myth?

Niedhie said...

Hey Withoutyou,

Sorry for the late reply, exams going on.

Well you read Kant, you are definitely a philosophy student then!
I am not, I am a mathematics student but still would try and answer your thought-provoking questions with the little knowledge that I have on the matter.


U say that names connote WHAT which thereby mean an idealistic state while Relations connote WHO meaning the realistic world.

Okay now I answer your question. I am an idealistic in the sense that I tend to actually judge a person by WHAT he is more than WHO he is! For me it's more important that I associate myself with people who TRY and make their WHAT better irrespective of WHO they are to me. I do believe that it's not only the company you are in but also the company that you avoid that defines your character!

So a person's WHAT is my first consideration. If his WHAT impresses me then only I move on to think WHO he can be to me. I might sound tooo objective there but then that's me.

Good that you asked such intriguing questions, got a chance to concretise my thoughts. Do let me know if I have said something which tends to defy your logic.

Anonymous said...

Hi Niedhie, Its kind of queer writing to you, because I thought I am the only one in the world with this spelling "niedhie"...accidently stumbled on your blog while looking for something else. Is this the way you spell your name? Would have liked to know more about you, but couldnt too much of ur details ...just could gathjer u're having some exams of sorts. I'm working with a media house...a daily newspaper really. Would like to know more about you, essentially because of 'Niedhie"...just inquisitive. Tke care...till then...Niedhie :-)

Niedhie said...

Oh great that you wrote, otherwise I was taking pride to have innovated this spelling! Well I am soon going to be a post-graduate, final exams going on. A Mathematician in the making :)

Which place do you belong Niedhie? And why don't you open a blog of your own? Would love to read your thougths too! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Niedhie, All the best for your exams. A mathematician...that's impressive, esp considering my own skills at it. By all means, credit goes to you, 'coz in my case it was the parents who had this fancy for German lingo & stuff (dad was travelling quite a bit when I was about to be born). N I dont think they had put too much mind to it...its different!! that's all that worked for them, i guess! Opening my own blog sounds interesting. Would do it sometime soon...as soon as work permits. Why dont u write to me at niedhie@rediffmail.com. Would be good to be friends with you. Btw, I'm in Delhi too :)