Thursday, March 12, 2009

I am a woman

Let me raise my head with pride,
For I have worked hard to reach here –
Let me walk straight and unveiled,
For I have lots to show and share.

Why should I be mocked at?
For my lips are coloured –
Why should I be taken lightly?
For my skirt is flared.

I can do all the work that you do,
But I can do much more –
Should you not be embarrassed?
For being such a reckless bore.

I am a creation of a woman I admire,
You too had to be created,
What then is the attitude for?
When you too had to be initiated!!

P.S Dedicated to a woman I know...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems someones feminisim is hurt!
good one though

Niedhie said...

@Anon: Yes indeed. I hope to not having to write anything similar for a long time to come.

Swaram said...

You have expressed urself so well. Loved it.